Connect students to their environment and teach that all actions and behaviors have an impact on the earth.
- Offer Center based natural and cultural history programs that build environmental awareness and scientific literacy.
- Offer students natural and cultural history programs off site to enrich and enhance school-based curricula.
- Provide resources, programs and workshops to support teachers engaged in environmental education and increase teacher proficiency in teaching science.
- Provide field studies experiences.
- Develop and maintain an educationally rich learning Center for students which offers opportunities for independent and guided hands-on science investigation and environmental study.
Heighten citizen awareness regarding the relationship between a high quality life and a high quality environment.
- Distribute information and promote understanding to key audiences on environmental issues and conservation opportunities.
- Promote connections between the environment and other important community issues.
- Offer easy-access programs and classes for adults at the Center and off site.
- Invite participation in science learning programs that allow people of all ages to see, hear and feel the world around them and to personally develop through environmental enhancement and community service projects.
- Promote understanding of the importance of conserving and enhancing our natural surroundings for present and future generations.
- Foster the idea that environment is the neighborhood, the city, as well as the open spaces or natural areas
Active participation by Placer Nature Center in the academic, and environmental education networks and with the volunteer community.
- Build strategic relationships to support Placer Nature Center.
- Provide a wide array of volunteer opportunities at the Center and off site.
- Establish regional leadership to expand environmental based learning and stewardship attitudes.
- Nurture volunteerism, community involvement and active citizenship in projects at PNC and in public open spaces, neighborhoods and in the region.
- Collaborate with environmental educators so the combined synergy of the group and their resources supports and compliments our individual efforts and results in a greater contribution of environmental education for the region.
- Advocate for increased funding for community wide environmental-based education and passive recreation opportunities.
Placer Nature Center effectively develops and manages sufficient fiscal and capital resources to implement the organization's mission.
- Build a strong, engaged Board of Directors.
- Build organizational capacity and staff capable of managing the programs and operations of the Center.
- Increase the level of financial support provided by individuals to the Center.
- Develop sustainable fiscal strategies and organizational systems for the longevity of the organization.
- Develop marketing programs and staff expertise to implement a range of "giving" programs.
- Raise the visibility of Placer Nature Center region wide.
Learn about Placer Nature Center's:
March 15, 2009